WHEN (Wasatch Home Educators Network) is the largest network for homeschool families in Utah County and surrounding areas.
WHEN provides the following to its members:
* Large-group, discounted field trips (usually only $2-$5 per person) to theater productions, musical events, guided museum tours, and much more
* Social gatherings--such as skating parties and an end-of-the-year field day
* An online forum where members can ask questions, share ideas, and receive support
* An annual, officially recognized Spelling Bee, Science Fair, and Geography Bee.
To read more about who we are and what we do, click here to go to our About WHEN page.
To join WHEN, you will need to complete these four easy registration steps:
1. Fill out the online registration form.
2. An email will be sent to your inbox. Click on the link within that email to confirm your email address. You must then wait for a moderator to approve your registration. Once a moderator has approved your registration, you will receive another email confirming your membership. (Please be patient with this last step. A real live home-schooling mother has to look at your registration, so it may take 1-3 days). Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't notice this message in your inbox.
3. Once your membership has been approved, log in to the WHEN website.
4. Sign up for forum categories. To receive emails about field trips, gatherings, and discussions, you MUST SUBSCRIBE to get these emails in your inbox. Click here for more specific instructions on how to do this.
OPTIONAL: Become a Paid WHEN Member
Paid Membership is for anyone interested in participating in WHEN sponsored field trips, parties, Academic events or posting an event on the WHEN calendar. The annual membership fee is currently $5.00. As a Paid Member, your annual membership fee covers the cost of your children's participation in official WHEN Academic Events (Spelling Bee, Science Fair, Geography Bee). Your membership will also allow you to register for WHEN sponsored field trips and skating parties online using PayPal.
If you would like to become a Paid Member, complete the following steps:
1. Set up a PayPal Account. If you don't know how to set up a PayPal account, click here for a tutorial.
2. Click on the Paid Registration link in the User Menu to the left. Scroll until you see the Subscription tab. Click it. Click the Upgrade button and follow the directions.
3. Have fun with your children at all of the great events WHEN is planning for the year!
Click here if you would like more information about what your $5.00 registration fee pays for.